The making of a dress




It's a dream of mine to upgrade my camera to a more advanced, full frame camera. One that also does video, because it's not easy as the only one in the studio, trying to capture ideas and work that I want to share. However, until the time comes when I can make that kind of investment, I have been trying to figure out how I can use both my camera and my iPhone for video simultaneously. I've tried making devices but they haven't worked very well so I returned to the internet. About two weeks ago I came across a smart phone holder made to clip onto my hot shoe mount and today was the first day that I was able to test it out. Happily, I am excited to say that I loved the way it worked! I bought it at Amazon and for only $14.95.

After attaching my camera to my tripod I easily attached the clamp to the shoe mount.
The phone clamp is plastic and made to be quite sturdy.
It has a nice rubber coating that grips the phone well, so no sliding or slipping about.
The smartphone mount is also designed for various phone models so if you don't have an iPhone thats okay. I even left my phone in it's case.
The clamp pivots or swivels on a ball joint that moves easily.
My only negative feedback (and it really isn't negative) is, I noticed if I adjusted the angle of the clamp too low (say tipping/pointing the phone down towards the floor) I would get the top edge of my lens in the video frame.  Again, this isn't terrible. I had already considered the possibility of that and made sure to pay extra attention to my set up before filming.

All that said, here is what I put together quickly using Animoto . If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

THE MAKING OF A DRESS






Comments